Top 5 Warehousing Problems and How to Fix Them
Today, to ensure that a company runs smoothly, its warehouse must function with efficiency. Generally, various problems arise and we do not act on them till they start impacting the operations directly. It is very essential to battle these problems and to step in when the time is right for immediate action. With the growing technology and advancements, newer ways can be incorporated for a better supply chain and planned control of the inventory. BuildMyInfra ensures your warehouse construction is done in a manner where there is no scope for complications. The company also provides warehouse management solutions that can help you regain control every step ensuring better yield and turnovers.
Let's dive into the five major warehousing problems encountered and have a look at some of the customized solutions. By inculcating these solutions into the regime we can promote vigilance in tackling the common issues that exist in the industry.
1 . Inaccurate Recording
- Maintaining a proper inventory of the goods is crucial to ensure there is no loss or extra expenses. Inaccurate recording can result in a lot of delays. Imprecision in the numbers of production, restocking, and other needs can also result in adverse situations. An automated management reporting database can help you in identifying the loopholes. Not only that, but it also ensures that there's proper transparency and all the records are maintained with perfection.
2 . Low Traceability
- From the processing of raw materials to their manufacturing, final production, and transportation, all the steps are vital. It can get hectic to keep a track of all these steps. It is also imperative to make sure that the information gathered at each level is processed that is beneficial. This information is not only important for keeping track of the goods but also ensuring a continuous supply chain. Using various storage and recovery software that can make the process easier.
3 . Inadequate Safety and Security Measures
- Safety measures are very important to prevent accidents and injuries. The most important one being, fire security systems which should be installed to prevent damage. Others include a proper strategy that should be mapped out for keeping the life safety and security and security guidelines in check. Thousands of goods are placed in a warehouse and any type of mismanagement can result in severe loss of trust, money, infrastructure, inventory stock, and money. By 24/7 monitoring and surveillance systems along with the Standby safety measures in case of emergency for proper security can be maintained.
4 . Inefficiency
- Most warehouses are still not benefitting from the transition to automation which hampers their overall efficiency. Warehouse management systems can ensure greater employee productivity, efficient routes, better facility planning will reduce time by including advanced technological solutions.
5 . High Labor Costs
- By managed support, proper development training should be given to the employees. A lot of expenses can be controlled if the existing employees are pushed for growth rather than hiring new ones. Increasing productivity by not providing the proper costs to labor can be more harmful than beneficial. For smoother operations, adept labor should be hired and money should be invested in advanced equipment for better expansion and progress.